Twisted Audio podcast #26 – AsteriaPosted: Monday, July 1st, 2013
This chapter of the Twisted Audio podcast features a young upcoming DJ from Melbourne who we’ve only met last year at the Homegrown FreQs mix comp and we’re impressed from the get go, we are now excited to have her record our podcast for this month, introducing Asteria !
Asteria bring us a mix that does not let up and will keep you on your toes and on the dance floor, full of heavy dance floor bangers, melodic vocals and some old classics, enjoy!
1. The Prototypes – Insomniac (Original Mix)
2. Nu-Direction – Share the Noise (Original Mix)
3. Brookes Brothers Ft. Haz-Mat – Loveline (Original Mix)
4. Metrik Ft. Reija Lee – Free Fall (Original Mix)
5. Fleur, Drumsound & Bassline Smith – One In A Million (Tantrum Desire Remix)
6. Brookes Brothers – F Zero (Original Mix)
7. Serial Killaz Ft. YT – Save Mi Life (Remix)
8. No Limits Project – Bad Monday (Original Mix)
9. Brookes Brothers & Culture Shock – Smoothie (Original Mix)
10. Danny Byrd Ft. Brookes Brothers – Get On It (Original Mix)
11. Metrik – Nightdrive (Original Mix)
12. Pendulum – Tarantula (Original Mix)
13. Tilo & Subablock – Clipstone (Original Mix)
14. Stylo G – Soundbwoy (Sigma Remix)
15. Telekinesis Ft. Concord Darn – Nightwalkers (Original Mix)
16. Friction, Dynamite MC, Camo & Krooked – Stand Up (Original Mix)
17. High Maintenance – Looking & Searching (Original Mix)
18. Brookes Brothers – Tear You Down (Original Mix)
19. Billy Van & TOER – No Need To Run (Original Mix)
20. Nero – Must Be The Feeling (Brookes Brothers Remix)
21. Melleefresh & Deadmau5 – Sex Slave (Dank Remix)
22. Mind Vortex – Arc (Original Mix)
23. Slogun & iOh Ft. J-Tec – Wicked (Original Mix)
24. Torqux Ft. Lady Leshurr – Blazin’ (Dimension Remix)
25. Metrik – Solar (Original Mix)
26. Morten Breum – Larva (Far Away) (Pegboard Nerds Remix)
27. Skream & Friction Ft. Scrufizzer, P Money & Riko Dan – Kingpin (Calyx & Teebee Remix)
28. Jenn D – Lose it (Loadstar Remix)
29. State of Mind & Trei – Breed (Original Remix)
30. Filthy Dukes – Messages (Brookes Brothers Remix)
31. Tantrum Desire – Guided Rhythm (Original Mix)
32. SKC & Bratwa – Pain (Brookes Brothers Remix)
33. Shockone Ft. Phesta & Reija Lee – Universes (Original Mix)
34. Neonlight – Cosmic Cowboy (Original Mix)
35. Metrik – Distant Shores (Original Mix)
36. Brookes Brothers & Culture Shock – ReWork (Original Mix)
Homegrown FreQs 2013 – The national DnB Mixing competitionPosted: Monday, July 1st, 2013
Twisted Audio’s ‘Homegrown FreQs’ is back again for another year to uncover Australia’s freshest untapped talent. Once again we’ve teamed up with some of the most respected crews from around the country to bring you the opportunity to showcase your skills and for one DJ to be crowned Australia’s Homegrown FreQ for 2013!
This year we have 5 LIVE regional heats in major capitals around Australia, each regional winner will be flown to Melbourne to compete in the ‘Homegrown FreQs’ national final. The 2013 champion will also be flown back to Melbourne for a set at Tribe Festival alongside some of DnB’s biggest names!
So if you think you’ve got what it takes to play with the big dogs, make sure you submit your mix before entires close in your state and may the biggest FreQ win!
1st Round – Regional Entries & Rules
Using DAW softwares such as Ableton, Fruity Loops, Logic is not permitted.
DJs will than upload their mixes online and submit them via the submission form at the bottom of this page to the local competition managers in their chosen state.
The regional competition manager will listen to the mixes and pick the top 6 to play at the regional final in September or October 2013.
Entries due dates are as follows:
Melbourne – Due date has passed
Adelaide – Due date has passed
Brisbane – Due date has passed
Perth – Due date has passed
Sydney – Due date has passed
NOTE: All mixes have to be submitted up to a week before the regional heat date (listed below).
All submitted mixes must be download-able, mixes that are not download-able will be automatically disqualified.
2nd Round – Regional Finals
DJs who qualify to the regional heats will compete at their state capital at the following dates:
Melbourne – 6th of Septmeber @ Brown Alley
Adelaide – 13th September @ HQ Complex
Brisbane – 3rd October @ Wasetland Bar
Perth – 11th of October @ Shape Bar
Sydney – 26th of October @ The Gladstone Hotel
The setup for the competition will include 2x Technics 1200 turntables + 2x Pionner CDJ 1000s + 1x Pionner DJM800/ Allen & Heath Xone 92 mixer. If competitors wish to use a 3rd CDj/Turntable they need to either contact the regional managers and find out if any extra equipment is available or arrange to bring one themselves as well as any audio interface they may need to use for any DJ softwares.
Each DJ will get 20-30 minutes each to play at the regional final and will be judged by 3 Judges – and will be judged on Creativity, Musicality, Technical skill and overall performance/crowd response.
The Winner of the regional final will go on to represent his state and compete in the National finals in Melbourne!
3rd Round – National Finals
The regional winners will be flown to Melbourne later in the year to compete in the national finals.
All competitors will be judged by a panel of 3 well known and respected Australian DnB DJs/Producers.
Judging criteria will be based on creativity, musicality, depth, technical skill and overall performance.
The judges decision will determine who is Australia’s Homegrwon FreQ for 2013!
- A flight to Melbourne and a set at t ‘Tribe Festival’ alongside some of the worlds biggest names in the Drum n Bass arena
- Exclusive Dubplates & Merchandise from Anodyne Audio – One of Australia’s leading Drum n Bass record labels !
- Regional winners will get to play at some of the major DnB events coming to their capital city later this year!
- Plus more to be announced !!
Can I enter my mix to more than 1 state?
No, each DJ is only allowed to enter the regional competition at 1 state only, DJs who will submit mixes to different states will be disqualified.
Can i Enter more than 1 mix to the competition?
Yes you can, we do however encourage DJs to enter only 1 mix which represents their skill to the fullest, this comp is about quality and not quantity
How will i know if I advanced to the regional heats?
The regional competition manager will contact all DJs who qualified to the regional heats a week before the regional finals.
Can DJ duos enter the competition?
No, at the moment we do not have sufficient DJ duos interested in entering the competition, when we feel that this has changed we will look at a separate Duo category to ensure everyone gets a fair chance to compete
If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Enter
Please note that all the fields in the form must be completed in order to enter the competition, failure to enter information in any of the above fields will result in your entry form being disqualified.
Note: Please make sure that you have read all the rules before applying to ensure that your mix does not get disqualified, thank you and good luck!
SK & MC Harzee playing In:Session @ Loop BarPosted: Tuesday, June 25th, 2013
New Grounds returns with IN:SESSION bringing the best liquid/deep/dark DnB and glitch that Melbourne has to offer!
It has been 3 months since our 5th birthday but we are back with a bang! We have some off Melbourne’s finest selektas dropping all things bass for your listening pleasure.
New Grounds Presents IN:SESSION
Liquid/Deep/Dark Drum and Bass/Glitch
Friday 12th July
10pm till late
Loop.23 Meyers Place. CBD.
The Dam Busters
Visuals by Doug-Step
Will see you all front and center!
C:1 & SK play the Ladies Night @ RubixPosted: Sunday, June 16th, 2013
Kicking things off in style, Rhythm Machine is launching into the Melbourne Bass scene with what is set to be the year’s most seductive Drum and Bass Party. Featuring an abundance of local female DJ talent, Ladies’ Night at Rubix Warehouse will be a night showcasing the hard working and very talented DJs who have got more than what it takes to compete with their male contemporaries behind the decks. Saturday the 29th of June will see the ladies of the Melbourne dnb scene strut their stuff and put their male counterparts in their place.
Uniting Melbourne’s best looking and most talented dnb DJs, this all vinyl playing, all female line up will have you expecting nothing less than an absolute serving of everything from dark, minimal, intelligent dnb, to jungle, jump up, old skool, heavy tek steppers and everything in between. Taking you on a journey across the vast dnb spectrum, you are sure to be left satisfied.
In true ladies’ night fashion, Rhythm Machine will be offering a free shot to every lady through the door as we transform the Rubix Warehouse venue into a deluge of pink, pretty and all things girly.
Girls $10 with free shot, guys $15 on the door.
29th of June – 8pm Kick off.
RUBIX Warehouse Venue – 36 Phoenix St, Brunswick
Lickweed & Buck Rogers joint Launch party @ Dropping PhatPosted: Saturday, June 8th, 2013
Dropping Phat is back at the Workshop and this month it’s the Official launch of the “Lickweed is all mixed up mixtape”. Sharing the spotlight this month Buck Rogers will be launching his new Remix EP!
14th June – 8pm till late
Workshop Bar (413 Elizabeth st. CBD Melbourne)
Lickweed supports The Outside Agency (Genosha Recordings, NL)Posted: Friday, June 7th, 2013
This is going to be a killer event, with arguably one of the best acts in the world playing live for the first time in Melbourne. It’s taken some determination to make this work but I’m sure the end result will speak for itself.
With a supporting lineup of quality artists & DJ’S hopefully will make this one of the best hardcore parties that Melbourne has seen in years.
Thanks to all who have given their time & effort to all prepare the best set possible for the gig and to those who have traveled interstate to play and to attend the event.
Tickets $ 40 pre-sale mail email@example.com
15th June @ Industry Bar (56 Clarke st. Southbank)
8pm till 7am
THE OUTSIDE AGENCY
THE OUTSIDE AGENCY
The Outside Agency is a style unto itself, and as DJs they are not easily put into one specific category.
The reason for this is that their DJ sets are a mirror image of their work as producers. They will deliver a perfect blend of dark and industrial elements and can do so at almost every conceivable speed.
The Outside Agency’s DJ-sets always contain a lot of their own exclusive and unreleased material, and when given free reign their sets can incorporate anything from old acid to breakcore.
They can bring it fast and they can bring it slow, but one thing is certain: their own unique blend of dark industrial hardcore will always be at the center of the performance.
The Agency’s diversity has so far delivered them gigs all over the globe. Some of the their most important gigs have included such distinguished events as Thunderdome, Hellraiser, In Qontrol, Nightmare Outdoor, DefQon, Decibel and Mystery Land.